Heat Pumps also known as reverse cycle air conditioners, are a very efficient form of domestic heating. For climates with moderate heating and cooling needs, heat pumps offer an energy-efficient alternative to electric heaters or air conditioners.
Facts about Heat Pumps
- Heat Pumps do not generate their own heat. The outside air contains heat that can be harvested, even when we feel it is cold. Like your refrigerator, heat pumps use electricity to move heat from a cool space to a warm space. This makes the cool space cooler and the warm space warmer. During the heating season, heat pumps move heat from the cool outdoors into your warm house and during the cooling season, they move heat from your cool house into the warm outdoors.
- Due to the fact that heat pumps move heat rather than generate heat, they can provide equivalent space conditioning at as little as one-quarter of the cost of operating conventional heating or cooling appliances.
- Heat Pumps can either be standalone or can be ducted to many rooms.
Why is Heat Pump Cleaning vital?
- Heat pump cleaning saves you money on your electricity bills. Heating and cooling systems take up a large portion of your monthly electrical consumption in Australia and in addition to the price of electricity skyrocketing, we need to find ways to lower consumption.
- It ensures your heat pump is working at 100% of its efficiency
- Avoid bigger problems in the future. Small heat pump problems may become bigger and more pricey problems in the near future, if not reported timeously.
- Improved health benefits. According to Dr John Darcy, “Biologically contaminated heat pumps can be serious health risks but with a Sanitair premium award-winning service, this will minimise the exposure and risk to room occupants.”
- Save time, save energy, save your heat pump. By engaging a professional such as Sanitair, a highly professional and specialised cleaning and sanitising company, it saves you time and energy trying to clean your heat pump in your spare time, which unfortunately won’t be nearly as effective as having a professional heat pump clean.