Terms and Conditions
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR CLEANING OF AIR CONDITIONERS
Sanitair cannot be held responsible for any pre-existing condition that is not apparent upon visual inspection. These conditions may include but not be limited to:
- Faulty Remote Controls, Exhausted Batteries or Corrosion.
- Faulty Printed Circuit Boards in the Evaporator/Condenser.
- Worn Airflow Louver Motors or Brittle Louvers / Filters due to age or Poor Maintenance.
- Any air conditioner over 10 years of age, the customer understands there is a risk providing any maintenance to aged equipment and accepts that any failures due to aged components indemnifies Sanitair from liability
- Faulty or Deteriorated Pipe Insulation or lagging
- Faulty or Damaged Electrical Cabling or Circuit Isolating Switches
- Condensate Pump Failure or leaking where fitted post cleaning
- Any damage caused to furniture, walls, floor coverings or any other property when assisting in removal to enable access to work site
- Where Air conditioners are cleaned that have wall mounted televisions below the air conditioner, no liability will be accepted for any damage caused by condensate leaking, in any period post service.
- It is the recommendation of Sanitair Australia that no flat screen television or monitor be wall mounted directly under an air conditioning evaporator.
- Poorly mounted or unprofessional fixing of evaporators to walls or ceilings. Sanitair will not be held liable for any system damage due to incorrect wall or ceiling fixing of HVAC equipment.
Sanitair will only warrant claims with respect to workmanship of the services provided if the claim is reported within 7 days of completion of the work. In the event of a customer complaint, the customer undertakes to give Sanitair the opportunity to rectify all work.
OUTDOOR CONDENSER CLEANING
Sanitair technicians will only provide outdoor condenser coil flushing where listed with a service if the condenser is mounted at ground level. All bracket and roof mounted condensers are required to have 2 technicians perform work at heights and therefore surcharges would apply.
12 MONTH MOULD FREE GUARANTEE
Sanitair Guarantee the indoor Evaporator Coils to be mould free for a minimum period of 12 months on Premium Clean from the Date of Service. Customers must retain their Sanitair Tax Invoice as proof of purchase to honour any warranty claim
- For warranty claims: if you notice mould on the indoor evaporator coils, please call 1800 130 168.
- Warranty holder must show their Sanitair tax invoice as proof of purchase when making a warranty claim
- This warranty will be voided if the warranted equipment is serviced or cleaned by any contractor other than a licensed Sanitair technician within the warranty period.
- To make a claim you must have your proof of CoilGuard application on hand.
- Normal contamination and dirt build up on other parts of the air conditioner are excluded. No other warranty is expressed or implied. No one is authorised to assume for the Company any other liability in connection with this product.
- This guarantee is transferrable.
- Where a claim has been made and inspection by a Sanitair Technician confirms that the contaminants are of a non-biological type (mould), then Sanitair Australia reserves the right to charge to the customer a call out fee of $88. If a swab test and laboratory analysis is required to confirm the technicians diagnosis then the customer shall be liable for the testing and the service charge if the test is confirmed negative.
- The 12 month guarantee is only valid for 12 months from the from the initial application of the paid service. If any retreatments are applied during this period the guarantee does not restart at the retreated date of application.
Warranty exemptions – Sanitair 12 month mould free warranty does not apply to air conditioners in kitchens, beauty salons, tattoo parlours, hairdressers, massage therapy rooms, manufacturing plants, food production areas or bakeries.
Whilst Sanitair treatment and products do have deodorising effects, we do not guarantee against odours reoccurring.
Over many years the common source of odours has been proven to come from
- Biological contamination of coils, blowers and drain pans,
- Inadequate or incorrectly installed condensate drains,
- Evaporators that have been subjected to cooking, fats and greases, incense, essential oils;
- Vermin and insects entering the system and dying e.g. mice, geckos, cockroaches etc.
A Sanitair premium clean will address most odour problems originating from biological contamination on evaporator coils.
If a payment is made by cheque then the customer guarantees that there are sufficient funds in the cheque account to meet the payment of the cheque. If, for any reason whatsoever the cheque is not honoured, then the customer will meet all additional costs incurred by the company.
The minimum charge to the customer for each dishonoured cheque will be $30.00.
If an account is given and payment is not made by the due date, or payment is dishonoured or otherwise, Sanitair reserves the right to charge a reasonable Administration Fee, in addition to all other costs associated with recovering the debt including, but not limited to, legal costs and debt recovery costs.
If payment is made by Credit Card and the transaction cannot be completed for any reason then payment will be considered to be “On Account” per the Terms and Conditions of this Invoice. If payment is made by credit card, the payment/s incurs a 1.5% merchant fee.
All pricing quoted is based on systems with low to moderate contamination levels
Please make sure there is clear and sufficient access below the indoor air conditioner for the technician to safely open up a ladder.
Surcharges can be applied to the following, but not limited to;
- For weekends, after hours, and public holidays.
- If customer is located over 30 km’s from Sanitair Technicians base.
- Systems that are fitted higher than 2.4 meters from the floor.
- Multi-level or high rise apartments.
- Services requiring more than one Technician.
- Parking and toll fees.
- If furniture needs to be moved and / or there is no clear access underneath the indoor air conditioner.
- If any curtain rods, pelmets or any other wall hangings need to be removed.
- Air conditioners that are extremely contaminated from environmental factors such as nicotine, fats and oils, biological contaminants eg. mould and fungi.
Sanitair reserves the right to charge customers a cancellation fee (minimum of $69) if adequate notice is not given for the cancellation of the booked job. Adequate notice is at least 4 hours prior to appointment time.
Sanitair reserves the right to redraw winners for any competition where the winner has not made contact within 3 days. Winners must redeem all prizes within 3 months if not noted in the competition terms and conditions or in the timeframe specified in the competition terms and conditions. Winner must be located within 15kms from the home base of the Sanitair technician running the competition, if it is not noted on the competition terms and conditions.
BROCHURES AND ADVERTISING MATERIAL
When stated on all advertising material the following conditions apply. Discounting of multiple systems is up to the individual licensee owner, technician or call centre operator. Discounting of multiple systems is not a requirement. All pricing is subject to inspection and additional charges may be incurred for highly contaminated systems, systems that are fitted higher than 2.4m from the floor, nicotine contaminated systems, oil contaminated systems normally located in or near kitchens/ beauty salons, removal or movement of furniture from the work area, and additional services. It is up to the individual technician, licensee owner or call centre operator to honour any kind of advertising material that has been retained by the customer and is out of date or proven by Sanitair’s records to be out of date, or if the advertising material is from another area, zone or state. Sanitair’s advertising material is distributed by a third party and Sanitair takes no responsibility for the misdistribution of these materials in any case.
(In the foregoing, the word “Sanitair” shall include “Servqual International Pty Ltd” and each and every one of that company’s “Sanitair” franchises).