Electricity prices have all of us looking at ways to reduce energy consumption. Here are some ways to save Money on heating your home.
House occupants are advised to install double glazed windows, insulation and replace old air conditioners. Apart from those often expensive tips, here are a few affordable options;
- Thick curtains – The best way to prevent heat from escaping your home through the windows, install curtains with a thermal lining. The thicker the fabric the better, even placing curtains in doorways can help it escaping the room.
- Let the sunlight in – during the day and close the curtains as soon as dusk falls to maximise on retaining the heat.
- Close off unused rooms – the quickest way to heat up a room is to stop the heat from escaping. Close any doors to rooms that you don’t need to heat such as the bathroom or laundry.
- Cover the Floor – If you have tiles or floorboards in your room cover with a large rug. Not only keeping your feet warm but also adding to the psychological effect of a cosy room.
- Close Pet Doors – Heat can easily escape from your Doggie Door, make sure to close if not needed while you are in the room.
- Professionally clean your Air Conditioner – Save up to 28% on energy costs by having a professional HVAC Hygiene service and improve indoor air quality.
- Set your Aircon Timer – Set your air conditioner to come on earlier (dusk) and gradually heat up the room, rather than trying to heat the room quickly.
Call one of our friendly locally owned Sanitair HVAC Hygienists 1800 130 168, we have over 65 branches across Australia.